Details About Consumer Proposals
Consumer Proposal vs Debt Management Plan:
A consumer proposal is legally binding and administered by the courts and a licensed insolvency trustee.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Consumer Proposals
- A maximum period of five years
- Required acceptance by your creditors
- Interest is frozen from the date that you file the proposal
- Negotiate to repay only a portion of the debt
- Wage garnishments are stopped immediately
- Your creditors are “stayed” and cannot take legal action against you
Advice About Consumer Proposals
We understand that facing financial challenges can be stressful and overwhelming. Get in touch with our team today. We will help guide you to a debt free life by offering solutions you can understand. Learn more about the resources available to you.